Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
mehdrtr
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Re: Moderator Note : For the record
In reply to bobn2, 10 months ago

Bobn2 wrote:

sjgcit wrote:

I didn't put any spin on the actions for the simple reason I didn't detail them.

I would respectfully suggest that your post did 'put a spin' on the actions. You said:

Posts in this thread have also been deleted because a very small number of members seem unable to accept that there are rules and they are not immune. Bans are an inevitable consequence for the more obstinate ones who ignore warnings.

So you are telling us that the cause of the deletions is people who seem unable to accept that there are rules and they are not immune.

I would hazard a guess that the people that you are talking about, whoever they are, may see the matter very differently from you. It is quite possible that they do not believe that they have violated any rule, and that the moderation that they have been subjected to is heavy handed and unreasonable.

I can see why you're confused. You seem like a good person, if with issues with authority, so I'll offer you a new angle that may help you  understand.

How would you know right from wrong were not for the preachers vested with special powers?

However, we shall never know, because they cannot put their side of the story the way things work here. that is what I meant by 'one sided'.

My post was simply to correct a false impression that no actions took place at all. They do.

For that action you should be commended, because it would be impossible for a mere member to make that point, because it is likely that their posts would be removed for violating the 'no talking about moderation rule'. In fact it is possible that this might actually have happened.

As for what "some people" think, I frankly don't care unless they're "some people" who write the rules. Moderators don't write the rules. Neither do you. And it's not a democracy either. The people who pay for the forum's running costs get to make the rules. Talk to them.

I would suggest, again respectfully, that any system where it is only the opinion of the rule makers that matters, and not those of the people subject to the rules, has gone deeply astray.

-- hide signature --

Bob

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow