New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Re: On Excitement
In reply to bosjohn21, Jun 29, 2013

bosjohn21 wrote:

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

bosjohn21 wrote:

more rules and stricter enforcment make for a peacful but unexciting experience

Watching buildings be demolished is very exciting.

But you can only do that so often before you have no city.

At some point you have to allow time for buildings, cities, and communities to be built.

Even if it's not exciting, more comes from it in the long run.

I dont understand the buildings being demolished reference. I am not advocating anarchy only pointing out how moderation can effect our experience. I prefer a more livly forum because I have developed a thinkish skin over the years others will feel more comfortable with strict rules and dicipline. but I what I think I am hearing is the general concensus is for less moderation rather than more I could be wrong I often am

-- hide signature --

John aka bosjohn21

I don't know what you're talking about. It's not like these forums could exist without moderation. I don't think that they were ever unmoderated and if they were surely nothing good came out of it.

As for liveliness, I don't see how they could be more lively than now. I think what we all want is a place that can be enjoyed in a friendly and adult way. This can only happen when everybody mostly agrees on everything and that's what moderators are for.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow