ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
HampshireIan
Regular MemberPosts: 237
Like?
Night Time Fuzziness On G15 Images
Jun 29, 2013

Hi folks,

I'm after some advice as i'm not exactly sure where to go with this.

I have problems with my night shots when doing self takes. I have to say, I have had the same issues with my S95 too but thought it may be easier to address it with my G15 here.

So, I catch my fish, camera goes on tripod, remote wire is plugged into the camera and the wire extends enough so that I can work the button with the remote under my foot. With the S95 I use a bracket that fits around the camera and a bulb release that pushes the pin down onto the shutter release button.

So, my issue is always that my images never seem to be clear and sharp in the middle of the frame. They always seem to be either "just off" or blurry, with the face and surrounding areas in focus, or at least pretty much. As you can see in this image, the fish which is centred, is blurry but my face above, and my clothes below, are sharp.

I'm not experienced with cameras but I can't think of any settings that I can change that would at the very least, get the fish focused which is at the forefront, as opposed to the rest of the image.

Any thoughts and advice would be most welcome and i'll spend late tonight when it's dark, out in the garden trialing.

Thanks very much.

Ian

Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot S95
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow