Sports photography with 5D3

Started Jun 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
doridoriking
New MemberPosts: 8Gear list
Like?
Re: Sports photography with 5D3
In reply to wazu, Jun 29, 2013

Hey Ken

Just out of curiosity could you explain why you feel the need to 'go to FF' for daylight sports. Are you printing billboards? You indicate that you don't currently own any FF lenses. I have a 7D for sports and a 5D3 for just about everything else. Having a x1.6 advantage for reach is often a great advantage especially when your reach need exceeds 300mm.

You could wait for the 7D2 or even the 70D since these will hopefully have better sensors and more resolution. 19 cross points in the 70D is pretty sweet. It might also be worth considering shooting 4K video and extracting stills.

-- hide signature --

There is a crack in everything That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen

Hey wazu,

To answer your question, here's what I think:

No I am shooting only as a hobby, no billboard or any printing. I have no (practical)reason to go to FF(and I am not ashamed), except for the fact that I haven't owned a FF "digital" camera and thought this was a good time to try it; right now I am using micro 4/3. I'd like a camera that can do sports and everything else at the same time.

So you would suggest APS-C then?

BTW, I appreciate everyone's reply, thank you!

doridoriking's gear list:doridoriking's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow