Started Jun 29, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Carole M
Regular MemberPosts: 134
Like?
Sony replacement camera suggestions
Jun 29, 2013

Today, I found my Sony DSC-H1 (2005) seems to have given up (hardly surprising).  Holding down the shutter button halfway to focus, it wouldn't focus anymore.  I doubt given its age, that it is worthwhile to have a camera store repair it.  It was only in the past couple years that I'd purchased the teleconverter lens for it ------- especially for bird photography which I really enjoy.

Considering that it is good zoom that I need especially, and I'm not so sure I could handle the weight for a dslr camera with appropriate lens that could reach the same distance as I have been managing (734.4 mm) to this moment, I'm really interested in feedback from anyone using the SONY DSC-HX300 bridge camera.

Moreso, using it with full zoom in action, without a tripod.  I've read the specifications and it suggests it can do this admirably, however I know there are sceptics.  Is it justified to be so sceptical?  Can this camera do x50 = 1200mm and be sharp?

Thanks very much for your feedback. Carole, from Snap Happy Birding in Australia.

ANSWER:
Pentax X-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow