Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dadada486
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
Aperture Still Doing Some Weird Things Processing RAW
10 months ago

Ok, i'm guessing i clearly still don't understand digital photography. So following the whole issue i had below with regards to aspect ratio, i went to great lengths to change the EXIF info of my photos so that Aperture retained the 4:3 aspect ratio of photos shot in 16:9. I kind of get that whole thing now after hours of browsing these sites.

Thing is Aperture still does things i find baffling. It still changes the photo to such a significant degree from the JPEG preview. I have a simple photo of a building, a simple frontal view of a building that is symmetrical. In the JPEG preview it still looks great and building is in the centre of the photo. In RAW format, the building is no longer in the centre! It's shifted to right by a cm depending on the scale and a lot of the building is cut off. The photo is virtually useless! Why does Aperture do this? Why is there this difference compared to the JPEG preview? I understand that there will be differences with RAW, but what can i do if even the field of view is different and parts of the photo are chopped off?

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow