Started Jun 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AarSee
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,367Gear list
Like?
A day with George
Jun 29, 2013

As some of you might know, our own CC, Canadian Club, is in real life George Mock a great young man of 88 years from Windsor, Ontario, CA.

I have had the pleasure of knowing George for the last eight years through the Konica-Minolta forum, and more recently this Sony forum. I have also had the good fortune of visiting with George in the past at his adopted home, The Canadian Historical Aircraft Hanger, at the Windsor Airport.

This Wednesday, June 26, Bill Curtindale & I traveled over to Windsor to spend a day with George and talk airplanes, cameras & chasers. After a walking tour and some questions & answer time, we concluded our visit with a fine lunch and a few adult beverages.

I took a few photos of the meeting while Bill concentrated on shooting video with his newly acquired A99. It was a great way to meet up and try out some new equipment. All in all, it was a great time and we hope to meet up again to view the progress they are making on the Lancaster bomber restoration project.

I have included a link to my gallery of photos, and Bill will jump in to supply a link to the video he put together.

We all had fun and hope you all enjoy "A day with George"

George with pilot friend John Robinson

Link to Gallery :https://picasaweb.google.com/RCImages2008/ADayWithGeorge?authkey=Gv1sRgCJPV_4GNu-Dffw

-- hide signature --

Rick

AarSee's gear list:AarSee's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF3 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha NEX-3N Sony a6000 Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 +13 more
Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow