Started Jun 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Shunda77
Senior MemberPosts: 1,637Gear list
Like?
Exposing the ideology of liberal social progressives
Jun 29, 2013

A comment on another thread I received recently has me quite intrigued, it seems to reinforce my belief that the fundamentals of social interaction and debate are being shifted from rational arguments based on facts and experience, to something much more arbitrary based on emotion and 'feelings'.

For example "if I feel you are a bigot, you are a bigot"

Here's the comment that triggered my interest:

That would be fine if I actually was homophobic, sexist, and racist.

I am none of those things.

"You don't get it, do you? It is like being good looking. The community - we, for want of a better word - decides whether you are good looking, and the community decides whether your views are homophobic or sexist or racist, not you. It is no more good your saying you are not homophobic or sexist than it is your saying you are not good looking."

So the decision to "label" is based not on the actual definitions of sexism, racism, or homophobia, but based on the collective 'feeling' of those you are engaged in discussion with.

In this regard, any and every argument, discussion, or even the tiniest point of difference can be silenced for any reason whatsoever as soon as feelings are hurt.

The opponent is then condemned to hell declared a monster and further discussion dismissed.

Mob rule anyone?

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow