What mode do you shoot in?

Started Jun 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
confyushis
Contributing MemberPosts: 858Gear list
Like?
whatever gets you the best photos
In reply to Sir Aglund, Jun 28, 2013

my camera manual suggests i use aperture priority for still subjects to control amount of subject isolation.  it also suggests i use shutter priority for moving subjects to control the amount of subject motion blur ...

generally, it boils down to control of aperture, shutter speed, and ISO and knowing the benefits and disadvantages when modifying them ...

some photographers may want the camera to make all the decisions and will choose one of the scene modes or maybe even "P" mode if available ... other photographers feel more comfortable changing one or more factors while letting the camera choose the rest (A/Av, S/Tv mode)... and still others want complete control for their perfect photo in M mode ...
how much time do you have to take your photo?  some subjects will wait for you and others will not ...
how much effort do you want to put into your camera to control the photos it produces?  some just want to point-and-shoot and others are willing/able to turn the dials and push the buttons ...

i suggest you put your camera in a mode you are comfortable using and produces photos you like ... but if you do not like the output, consider taking control of the input ...

confyushis's gear list:confyushis's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Sigma 30mm F1.4 EX DC HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow