Is the Ricoh GR truly pocketable?

Started Jun 28, 2013 | Questions thread
Tom Caldwell
Forum ProPosts: 18,235
Like?
Re: Is the Ricoh GR truly pocketable?
In reply to ashenwreck, Jun 28, 2013

ashenwreck wrote:

Is there a dust concern getting inside doing this or is it strictly related to when the lens is extended out? A rather newb-ish question, I realize.

Ah hah! If you carry things in the pocket it is a good idea if there is nothing else in the pocket at the same time such as keys, coins or lint.  Years ago there was a lot of noise made on this forum about dust getting inside the GX model in particular.  The blame was laid at Ricoh QC but I always had a notion that pocket lint might have had something to do with it.

Pocketing cameras in clothing must alwasy carry some risk.

In defence it was said by those that had internal dust problems that they had never pocketed their cameras.

I had a theory then that the internal dust was coming from static electricity in the camera body caused by the weather conditions, heat changes, and the other type of clothing worn.

Yes the camera will fit in a jeans pocket, I just slip it into a small draw string micro-fibre bag first.  Maybe I am just over-cautious, but then I am not fitting a screen protector so maybe I should be (over cautious).

No lcd scratches so far - but it is early days. My eight year old GRD has no screen damage and has never had a screen protector fitted.

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow