Started Jun 28, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hammerheadfistpunch
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Great, but still too pricey.
Jun 28, 2013

I have had this lens for a few months and use it almost exclusively for video use on an AF100 and GH2 and Its been a great lens.  Sharpness is top notch, the Power OIS and wide angle means handheld tracking shots without the steadycam and the bright aperture means I can dial back the lights on the subject and still get the proper exposure.

Video pros:

Very fast AF

VERY good OIS

out resolves 1080p handily

compact and light

Plenty wide

Video Cons:

Apature is shifty across the zoom range, its not exactly "constant" more like a shark tooth pattern where it darkens slightly, then the iris opens up and its slightly brighter than 2.8 before dipping off again.  its a 2.8 average, but its not smooth, though its not very noticeable without a false color monitor.

Cost

Not quite as bright as it needs to be

Photo pros:

VERY sharp

very fast AF

Weight, it fits the GH2 nicely and the GH3 almost feels more camera than this lens can handle, very compact

Photo cons:

No enough; brightness or zoom

Price - just too much money for the performance

I gave it 4 stars because its a solid performer...for the most part, but again, its 200-300 more than it ought to be.

hammerheadfistpunch's score
Average community score
Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow