ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mhw
mhw
New MemberPosts: 16Gear list
Like?
Excited - just ordered Canon 6D
Jun 28, 2013

Well, I finally did it - after comparing the 5D Mark III and the 6D for some time, and even looked at going mirrorless as an option.  I ordered the 6D today and can't wait to get my hands on it.

I started with a Canon 40D and upgraded to a 7D when it was first released.  Loved the handling and ergonomics but was never thrilled with the low-light performance.  I was a bit worried about downgrading on the AF but the many threads here convinced me otherwise.

I have a few good lenses - 17-40mm f/4 L, 28-70mm f/2.8 L, and the 70-200mm f/4 IS, as well as a 50mm f/1.4.  I think the 6D will allow me to unleash the full potential of these lenses.

Now I need to sell my 7D and the 17-55mm f/2.8 EF-S lens (it's my only EF-S lens).

Cheers!

mhw's gear list:mhw's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Olympus TG-610 Canon IXUS 310 HS Sony RX100 +15 more
Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow