Started Jun 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
happysnapper64
Senior MemberPosts: 4,172Gear list
Like?
Next Stage After Beginner?
Jun 28, 2013

I have been taking photo's for a mere 20 months but with time on my hands, I have managed to learn the basics of how to use & set-up my camera fairly well. I use manual mode simply because I find it easier to set my own exposure. I have started to use auto ISO more often, but not TV or AV.

So how did the more experienced ones among you go on from the stage I feel I am now?

I do mostly landscapes, architecture, old buildings, castles etc + their interiors. [often in bad light] I hope to get into motor racing a bit more, + motorcycle racing. Birding was on my agenda, but that is on the back burner for now.

I know I need to learn a lot more about PP.

Is there any sort of structure to how best to go to the next stage of learning, & what is the next stage? If it is simply going out & taking pics, then I guess I have answered my own question, but if there is something else that I should look at then I would love to hear it. I am using a 7D, which I bought because of physical problems with my hands/fingers, & the size of the 7D is perfect for me. I use centre spot almost exclusively with point expansion now & then, plus spot metering. Any tips would be apreciated. I have hit a plateau & need a kick up the a**e. Thank's.

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +8 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow