Pentax mounted to my mountain bike...am I stupid?!

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mlkind
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
Pentax mounted to my mountain bike...am I stupid?!
10 months ago

So I have been wanting to get some good hd video of Mt. biking.  I also would love to do is do some interval pictures say every few seconds or so from a favorite trail, and then make a collage of the pictures.  Creatively I think there could be a lot of possibilities, I just don't want to ruin my camera in the process.

After searching far and low for something I couldn't find anything that either wasn't too expensive(gopro etc.) or too flimsy.  I have an old bogen tripod that is really sturdy so I took the head off of it and with just a little bit of hardware, attached it to my headset on my mountain bike.  Has anybody else done this and do you think the sensor can take the vibration of the riding.  I think the mount is super solid, just not sure about the internals of the camera.  What does everyone think?  The gopro would not be too much if doing something like this ruins my camera but as it is, the local bike shop gave me the parts and just asked to share the pictures, so I have nothing invested.  Here is a simple pic from my phone.

What do you all think?

mlkind's gear list:mlkind's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow