* Canon 70d * its here!

Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Pritzl
Contributing MemberPosts: 659Gear list
Like?
My personal evaluation of the spec list
In reply to Tapper123, Jun 28, 2013

Assuming the spec list is accurate, here's my speculation (pun not intended) as to how it fits my needs:

• 20.2MP sensor: New sensor YAY!
  • DIGIC 5+: Faster processor always welcome.
  • 19pt AF system: Likely straight from the 7D and that's a good thing. I've handled a friend's 7D and the AF on it is impressive. If the joystick for AF point selection is back it would be nirvana on that front!
  • 7fps: Plenty for my purposes; more interested in finding out if the buffer can hold more than 1 second's worth of shooting in RAW (*cough* D7100 *cough*)
  • Built-in Wifi: A bonus so long as it didn't come at the cost of other actual photography features. (which appears to be the case)
  • Swivel Screen maintained: YIPEEE! Touch-sensitivity is a nice bonus.
  • ISO 12,800: This is great. Previous experience suggests that the highest "good" quality ISO setting is 2 stops below the highest native value. The absolute highest setting is usually only there for marketing purposes and the one below that is usually where images start falling apart. If that trend holds true, we're looking at an eminently usable ISO 3200 which is great!
  • Dual Pixel CMOS AF: Welcome news for that useful swivel screen; now I need to buy a proper macro lens dagnabbit!
  • Full HD Video: ummm... yah... I guess? Was there any chance it would come with VGA quality video?
  • HDR: Nice to have though likely JPEG only so of limited use to me personally.
  • Multiexposure mode: I've always wanted to experiment with that but it was never a feature that would have factored into my buying decision.

All good news as far as I'm concerned.

Pritzl's gear list:Pritzl's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow