Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
JackM
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,494Gear list
Like?
Re: Almost a 7D Mark 1.5
In reply to SystemAgnostic, Jun 28, 2013

SystemAgnostic wrote:

JackM wrote:

The specs are basically a 7D with 20mp and one less FPS, and some lesser amount of weather sealing. Nice! I wonder if Canon has finally gotten past whatever mental block they were having with the 18mp APS-C sensor. This also begs the question, what could the 7DII possibly be so as not to intrude upon the 5D3 or 1DX? 20mp, 19pt AF, 10fps?

The 7D mark II will have a smaller sensor. For those that can afford the glass, a crop sensor will never match the low light capability of a full frame.

The 7D frame rate and focus system clearly beat the the non-pro full frame of the time - 5D mark II. Why therefore can't the 7D mark II frame rate and focus system can't be similar to or exceed the 5D mark III? They did it before, and sold lots of cameras. I don't see what has changed.

I suppose the 7D could be given the 61pt AF system from the 5D3, and 10fps.  In that case the 7D would almost take the place of the 1D4.  Maybe a more reasonable guess is a 45pt AF system.

JackM's gear list:JackM's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow