Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
needmoretoys
Regular MemberPosts: 401Gear list
Like?
Re: * Canon 70d * its here!
In reply to Bussta, Jun 28, 2013

Bussta wrote:

Can I ask what the majority of users on this site will be shooting for?? Unless you are shooting billboard campaigns or cropping down into a mouses toe nail, why would you want any more than 20mpxl sensor? unless you enjoy raw file sizes in excess of 50MB per image?! the cleaner the files the better, 12mpxl sensors were more than enough for editorial photography and publishing, so not sure what you are hoping to achieve by having more pixels in your sensor? unless you have succumbed to the more megapixel = better camera foolery that manufacturers are making people believe.

Exactly. Although 6 MP is low by today's standards, I have gotten some very good bird and insect shots with my old 10D. Sure, I want to replace it with something newer, but 18 MP or 20 MP is more than enough to get great photos.

needmoretoys's gear list:needmoretoys's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow