* Canon 70d * its here!

Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
whyukon
New MemberPosts: 21Gear list
Like?
Re: * Canon 70d * its here!
In reply to 007peter, Jun 28, 2013

I haven't read every post here, so my comments may be redundant.  I am generally pleased with these rumored specifications. Sure, more MP might be nice, but other image quality factors are more important to most (but not all) people, and until a camera has been released for testing, we will not know how good the new sensor is.

The feature set of the 60D made it a bit of a hit for budget-minded videographers.  If this rumored new live-view/movie focusing system in the 70D is as good as it sounds it may be, then the 70D will be a worthy successor to the 60D.  While I am primarily a stills photographer, I have been using my 60D for video, and an improved live view focusing system would certainly attract me to the 70D.

The other features are pretty much what I had expected to see on the 70D, neither a disappointment nor a big surprise.  If these are indeed the 70D specifications, AND if the sensor is improved in more ways than just a couple more MP, AND if the camera handling is up to snuff, then this looks like a worthy successor to the 60D, while still leaving room for an even better 7D Mark II.

whyukon's gear list:whyukon's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PM1 Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow