Started Jun 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Mako2011
Forum ProPosts: 15,084
Like?
true
In reply to AllMankind, Jun 28, 2013

AllMankind wrote:

Mako2011 wrote:

But, if you email a user over some issue and use the email they registered with, instead of a PM, then what I said is valid. In this case, I think a PM is the better choice.

Not so sure. The feedback form does not appear to be linked to ones member account. It seems to be like sending an anonymous E-mail and if you don't fill in the correct member name and E-mail then no way too contact you. There may not be a way to confirm the member name you put in the form is actually correct. If the admins see the feedback in a E-mail like program...seems more reasonable to respond with an E-mail then going over to the PM system and looking you up. Interesting.

When I hit feedback, my username is already filled in. Email address is not.

Yes and you can change the member name as well. That's why I do not think the Feedback "e-mail" is actully linked to a member account like PM's are

In any event, what I am refering to above (in green) is when a mod or dpr admin wants to contact a user directly, it would probably be best to use a PM and not a possibly old and no longer used email address.

Of course, unless the member gives an E-mail address on a form that they wish to be used. I personally would use the e-mail address as primary in that case...rather than look for the member name in another system.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow