What prevents you from moving to a mirrorless camera?

Started Jun 26, 2013 | Polls thread
Jeff Loughlin
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
Re: What prevents you from moving to a mirrorless camera?
In reply to jrtrent, Jun 28, 2013

jrtrent wrote:

For decades, my preference in a viewing system has been a through-the-lens, optical viewfinder with at least close to 100% coverage. I haven't particularly liked the EVF's I've tried, and I don't want to put up with an 85% coverage optical finder, or one mounted to an accessory shoe with parallax error. My opinion is that the viewfinder is the single most important user interface on a camera, so if you don't have one you enjoy using, photography becomes less enjoyable. I can put up with LCD viewing to gain the compactness and other virtues of a shirt-pocketable, waterproof camera, but mirrorless models don't seem to offer anything of value to me sufficient to put up with not having an SLR viewing system.

This.  Photography is a hobby for me, and looking through the viewfinder is the part of the hobby that gives me the most enjoyment.  I haven't yet seen an EVF that was as nice as the optical viewfinders I've grown accustomed to, and an inferior viewfinder just takes away some of the enjoyment for me.

EVFs will probably get there eventually, and when they do I will probably make the switch.  Not yet.

Jeff Loughlin's gear list:Jeff Loughlin's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AmenNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow