* Canon 70d * its here!

Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
dave vichich
Senior MemberPosts: 1,783Gear list
Like?
Re: Plenty of motivation to wait and read.
In reply to Karl Gnter Wnsch, Jun 28, 2013

Karl Gnter Wnsch wrote:

dave vichich wrote:

You and I should go take some bear pics together. Then we'll see how you feel about cropping.

It's actions like yours that give photographers a bad reputation - because it's people like you who get killed because of lack of knowledge.

I agree with you totally. It's like when someone tells me how I set a bad example

By looking at my photo, you have determended that I'm  not able to figure out that bears are dangerous.

I guess what you don't see is that I'm shooting uphill. As many rangers have said that bears don't move as well downhill, there's a plus 1 for the photographer. The other thing that you don't realize is the fact that I have my car between the bears and I, and that my car door is open for me to get into. I'll call that a plus 2.

If you feel knowledge is so important, you mayby shouldn't jump to conclusions.

Actions like these are a case of: Know about your subject and the danger becomes managable. I have seen enough adverts for bear photographer trips - and there the photographers can even mingle with the bears with no danger, because they informed themselves when and where to go.

See above.

In your shoot: If you happen to startle the bear and she has small cubs - for how long can you run at 40 kph? I'd bet not as long as the bear.

once again see above.

-- hide signature --

regards
Karl Günter Wünsch

I see a lot of posts talking about its only a two mp increase so its unimportant.

Do people realize that all the little steps will at some point be a equal to one very large one?

Quit being so short sighted.

davev

-- hide signature --
 dave vichich's gear list:dave vichich's gear list
Canon EOS 70D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow