About moderation - Feedback

Started Jun 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
AllMankind
Contributing MemberPosts: 564
Like?
Re: Not so sure
In reply to Mako2011, Jun 28, 2013

Mako2011 wrote:

But, if you email a user over some issue and use the email they registered with, instead of a PM, then what I said is valid. In this case, I think a PM is the better choice.

Not so sure. The feedback form does not appear to be linked to ones member account. It seems to be like sending an anonymous E-mail and if you don't fill in the correct member name and E-mail then no way too contact you. There may not be a way to confirm the member name you put in the form is actually correct. If the admins see the feedback in a E-mail like program...seems more reasonable to respond with an E-mail then going over to the PM system and looking you up. Interesting.

When I hit feedback, my username is already filled in.  Email address is not.  I have to enter the email address, so it is up to the user to ensure a functional email address is entered.

In any event, what I am refering to above (in green) is when a mod or dpr admin wants to contact a user directly, it would probably be best to use a PM and not a possibly old and no longer used email address.

-- hide signature --

Oppose Tyranny in all its forms.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow