Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
jrkliny
Senior MemberPosts: 2,689Gear list
Like?
Re: * Canon 70d * its here!
In reply to meland, Jun 28, 2013

meland wrote:

jrkliny wrote:

Sure DR and low noise at high ISO are important. Canon has fallen behind in these also. We don't know if the new sensor will be any better or even worse for these parameters.

I am not concerned about a 10 or 15% bump in mp. I was hoping Canon would at least catch up with the 24 mp sensor. That would have been a jump of 30%.

Maybe some buyers will like the WiFi and touchscreen, but I really would like to see Canon move towards improved sensor performance. Better resolution has lots of positive effects. First the obvious, it permits larger prints and/or more cropping. Next the quality of smaller prints is also improved. Colors are less splotchy and sharpening is all but eliminated. If you don't understand, then talk with some friends who have a 800e and do landscape photography.

If you don't print and want to post your pictures to facebook, maybe the 70D will be a great camera for you. Or you could just use a cellphone.

-- hide signature --

I love the little sarcastic digs this guy slips in at the end of his posts: "If you don't print and want to post your pictures to facebook, maybe the 70D will be a great camera for you. Or you could just use a cellphone."

Look out for them, most of his posts have one.

I don't know why you think this is a "dig".  The vast majority of people don't print or when they print it is only 8x10 or smaller.  A cellphone will handle that resolution adequately.   Also with the 70D, Canon seems to be concerned with matching cellphone technology such as WiFi and a touchscreen.  I suspect they are more concerned about cellphones than about trying to compete with sensor technology.

-- hide signature --
 jrkliny's gear list:jrkliny's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow