Anyone know where I can buy an x-pro 1 upstate NY

Started Jun 26, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anthony Alongi
Regular MemberPosts: 234Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone know where I can buy an x-pro 1 upstate NY
In reply to WT Jones, Jun 28, 2013

WT Jones wrote:

I too live where the only "camera store" is Best Buy (Middle of New Hampshire). I have to go to Burlington or Boston to find real cameras.

Anthony have you heard about Concord Camera or Hunt's in Manchester? I know Hunts is usually fairly well stocked. I do have to agree however that B&H is hard to beat, especially for the higher end stuff, they usually have it in stock and one day from NYC to NH is the norm if you hit the day right. I live in the Lake Sunapee area so Manchester is not too bad a juant. I can see if you live up Littleton way where it night be a hassle to drive to the city though.

To the OP I can certainly see and mostly agree with your hands on approach it is my style as well, but B&H is what everyone says they are.

-- hide signature --

Warren

I have been to both, but hiave been underwhelmed by their selection. n A couple months back I was considering an E-PL5.  Called both - not available in their stores.  What about the OM-D?  Nope.  Hunts directed me towards Boston. There is a place called Green Mountain Camera up in Stowe (I think).  I haven't been there yet, but I have spoken to them on the phone.  They seem to have a really good selection and carry Fuji.

I do like to get to NYC occasionally.  I find B&H like a candy store - fascinating place.  And they have absolutely everything.  I am a perpetual "comparor"  Nice thing about B&H is that if I want to see a Samsung vs. a Fuji, I can do it.   Also, I know of no other place where virtually every camera bag on the planet is on display.  Just too fun!

-- hide signature --

Tony A.

Anthony Alongi's gear list:Anthony Alongi's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow