* Canon 70d * its here!

Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
jrkliny
Senior MemberPosts: 2,725Gear list
Like?
Re: DEE- Lighted !!!
In reply to jonrobertp, Jun 28, 2013

jonrobertp wrote:

With native iso of 12,800....All cross sensors....7 fps...HDR, .... and all the specs....JUST what the doctor ordered !!

Summer is looking very bright !! And couple it with the new Sigma 18-35 1.8 ...low light Killer !! then add the fine 70 200 F4...which is cheap these days....Glad I unloaded my D7K just in time .

A claim of 12,800 ISO does not mean the sensor performs well at high ISO.

Cross sensors do not necessarily mean that the camera AF will work well.  I have a T3i (actually two of them).  I use the center cross focus point and it works really poorly compared with my old XSi.  The T3i hunts under low light conditions and anytime I try closeups or macros.

I cannot imagine using in-camera HDR.  On rare occasions I use bracketing and Photomatix HDR software.  It takes a lot of skill to get a natural acceptable result.

I guess 7 fps meets the needs for sport or some wildlife photography.  I have never done much spray and pray shooting.

-- hide signature --
 jrkliny's gear list:jrkliny's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow