jrkliny
Senior MemberPosts: 2,688Gear list
Like?
Re: * Canon 70d * its here!
In reply to MarshallG, 10 months ago

MarshallG wrote:

aftab wrote:

jrkliny wrote:

It seems that Canon is not serious about photography with this camera....

-- hide signature --

Jim, aka camperjim
www.specialplacesphoto.com

How do you come to that conclusion from what has been leaked?

-- hide signature --

Life is short.
Travel with passion.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catch45/

2 mp in four years seems like a joke.

Instead of improving the resolution, Canon seems to have decided that the public wants cellphone features like WiFi and a touchscreen. Some cellphones even have builtin HDR processing.

-- hide signature --

Jim, aka camperjim
www.specialplacesphoto.com

I have no idea why any serious photographer still thinks megapixels matter. These small 10 to 15% bumps don't do anything to improve our photos, especially when print resolution is so much lower than the sensor resolution anyway.

Dynamic range and low light sensitivity are way more important than fifteen percent more pixels.

Sure DR and low noise at high ISO are important.  Canon has fallen behind in these also.  We don't know if the new sensor will be any better or even worse for these parameters.

I am not concerned about a 10 or 15% bump in mp.  I was hoping Canon would at least catch up with the 24 mp sensor.  That would have been a jump of 30%.

Maybe some buyers will like the WiFi and touchscreen, but I really would like to see Canon move towards improved sensor performance.  Better resolution has lots of positive effects.  First the obvious, it permits larger prints and/or more cropping.  Next the quality of smaller prints is also improved.  Colors are less splotchy and sharpening is all but eliminated.  If you don't understand, then talk with some friends who have a 800e and do landscape photography.

If you don't print and want to post your pictures to facebook, maybe the 70D will be a great camera for you.  Or you could just use a cellphone.

-- hide signature --
 jrkliny's gear list:jrkliny's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow