* Canon 70d * its here!

Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
bugbait
Contributing MemberPosts: 981Gear list
Like?
Plenty of motivation to wait and read.
In reply to 007peter, Jun 28, 2013

The improvements we see from that card look real enough. But far from very impressive. Might be good enough for my buying into Canon instead of Nikon for my winter build.

Has to be CLEANER shadow recovery than D7100 because its images are a heap better than the old Canon 18 MP and more pixels equals a heck of a lot more cropping ability.

I see mention of the new contrast AF system being 5x faster than I suppose the EOS M original firmware as a standard. So maybe faster than the competition maybe still behind.

19 cross type for PDAF i would think but I don't know what 2 pixel af is and it may help contrast but hurt PDAF. Wouldn't think so but we do not know as yet.

Single Digic 5+, keeps the performance closer to the 60D than the 7D. I think I smell another small buffer coming.

I hope it is one great camera. And I can use the Flip screen for macro, the wireless for presentation control, and the touch screen of the T4i looks to be brilliant. But at the end of the day for me even more important to how it feels in my hand is how many keepers I can get versus other cameras for the same money. The D7100 is getting nothing but solid reviews other than the crippled buffer.

The T5i was pretty much laughed at if not dissed by the bulk of reviewers. So Canon does not seem to care so much about press video reviews, written seem more generous. But I do and I will read a thorough right ups before I plop down for 2 MP up and 1.7 fps more and no 2x crop for wider dispersion of AF points that the competition has.

Oh and I want this also, F8.

And as the table below illustrates, the D7100 can utilize the center-most 15 AF points with a lens whose maximum aperture is only F5.6. You could also put a 2x teleconverter on a lens like the very good AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm F4G ED VR and the D7100 could still use its center focus point at the F8 equivalent maximum aperture this combo would produce.

I expect good weather sealing and polycarbonate over aluminum such as the 60D's again would be fine for me. I expect a bigger sensor in the 7D II. Pros will not pay $2000 for a 20.5 MP camera.

bugbait

bugbait's gear list:bugbait's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow