ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dadada486
Junior MemberPosts: 49
Like?
Post-shooting Beginner Advice Needed - JPEG vs RAW
Jun 28, 2013

Hi all,

This is actually quite serious. So i have a mirrorless/compact system camera without a viewfinder. Should i shoot in JPEG or RAW? I have just noticed something which seems like a big deal for me at the moment. When i shoot in RAW, the imported resulted in very...and i mean VERY different to the photo that appears on the LCD. I'm not just talking about colours, focus etc, i'm talking about the actual field of view. For example, i have a photo of a building. On the JPEG preview you see on the LCD, you see the whole building, but the RAW photo is actually cropped significantly so that parts of the building are missing. So my question is, if what you see on the LCD doesn't correspond with the RAW file, why would you shoot in RAW at all? Secondly, since i've shot that particular photo in RAW, is there anyway to retain the JPEG that appears on the LCD. I've read it's embedded somewhere in the RAW file.

Many thanks,

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow