Started Jun 27, 2013 | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
trespassing
Regular MemberPosts: 166
Like?
DSLR user impressed with GF5/20mm 1.7 as second camera
Jun 27, 2013

I am a Nikon DSLR user normally but for a long time have toyed with the idea of owning a smaller camera but with greater IQ than my phone to take to places I wouldn't normally take my larger camera.  I have always had a soft spot for Panasonic's GF series and the GF5 UK price drop was all it took and acquiring a 20mm 1.7 at a decent price.  Here are a few from a recent trip with friends to Mallorca where the camera only ventured out on a day or two.  Photography here was certainly not my first objective on this trip (neither second nor third or anywhere close) but solely because I knew I'd have an opportunity or two for a shot.  in such a small package I have nothing but praise for this combo; I am very very happy with them as a secondary 'fun' camera 

CC welcome but these were merely snapshots.  All aperture priority I believe except for manual and manual focus I think on the sunrise shots as the 20mm was struggling in the dim light.

Through the aeroplane window

Sunrise (not deliberately up early for this for once, solely because I couldn't sleep)

Sunrise

An awkward composition I know, but it details the moment and that's what I wanted from the camera

I was impressed with the 20mm's close(ish) focus also

A hurried shot of almonds before the market seller noticed.  A DSLR would have been too conspicuous

Another hurried market shot

I'd heard diffraction kicks in beyond f/4 on m4/3 but I personally found f/5.6 sharper overall and the added DoF on this shot helped also

Thanks for looking!  Hoping to set foot in this forum a little more now, Matt

-- hide signature --

Student in Brighton, UK

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow