* Canon 70d * its here!

Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
jrkliny
Senior MemberPosts: 2,695Gear list
Like?
Re: * Canon 70d * its here!
In reply to Tapper123, Jun 27, 2013

Well I am certainly not surprised that Canon was not able to reach the 24 mp level.  I guess that would be ok if this new sensor has a great DR and very low noise.  Fat Chance.  It seems to me that they have not been able to upgrade sensor manufacturing and it is possible that this new sensor is worse than the old 18 mp sensor.

Maybe the 70D will focus better than my T3i.  Of course the T3i has a cross type center focus and that is the only point I use.  The T3i will not AF in low light or for closeup photography.  I wonder if the 70D will overcome this shortfall.

Well at least Canon is including some toys.  BTW, what do you possibily do with WiFi in a camera?  Does it work as a cell phone?  Do you need a monthly subscription to use it?  How can I use it when I am in a national park for a few weeks without even a cellphone signal?

It seems that Canon is not serious about photography with this camera....just playing with video and toys.  At least I made the right decision.  I am spending my hobby money on a Epson 3880.  Maybe next year for Canon or I just give up on them permanently.

-- hide signature --

Jim, aka camperjim
www.specialplacesphoto.com

jrkliny's gear list:jrkliny's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow