Firmware updates are well and good, but what about hardware upgrades for the comming FUJI X-PRO?

Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sublimator
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Firmware updates are well and good, but what about hardware upgrades for the comming FUJI X-PRO?
Jun 27, 2013

It is very nice of Fuji to address to firmware requests from their customers, but who speaks about obvious hardware issues and technically and economically feasible improvements in the next intineration of Fuji`s Pro offspring?

Here is a list of improvements I must, want and would like to see (all are deficiencies I have personally encountered with my X-PRO1):

Must:

1. Better formed and thicker triangle rings and stronger lugs (actually the only real construction defect I have found on the FUJI X-PRO1, therefor in first place)

2. Diopter adjustment: -4m to +2m

3. Weather sealing

4. Native ISO 100 compability

5. More focus areas, 8x8 instead of 7x7 to cover the hole image field

Want:

6. USB remote release and external stereo microphone compability

7. Shutter speed: 1/8000 sec.

8. WiFi for picture transfer and eventually a remote shutter release App for Smartphones

9. Handle with better hold and grip

10. Tilting display

Would like:

11. FF, but only if we don`t have to wait another 2 years for 35/50/85mm lenses

12. Battery door on the camera`s side (see below)

13. Some kind of RAW-bracketing with flash sync to increase resolution by stitching RAW´s together (after all, there is a PRO in the designation and many pros`s work mostly in the photo studio)

14. Lossless 16-bit RAW-files (see above)

15. Inbuilt GPS-Module

I didn`t mention faster focus, phase detection, higher resolution, manual focus assist, better movie mode etc., because it`s a good chance this improvements will be there;-)!

Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow