Forum ProPosts: 14,351
Like?
Feedback diffrent
In reply to Nightwings, 10 months ago

Nightwings wrote:

Simon Joinson wrote:

AllMankind wrote:

lenshoarder wrote:

Found it in my email account. I didn't think we would be contacted there. My mistake.

Yes, this seems to be a problem at DPR. Rather than sending a PM they send to your email address, which may be years old, out of date and no longer used.

Would it not make much more sense to use PMs for all communications between DPR admin/mods and users than old, possibly no longer used, email addresses?

Or would that make too much sense?

-- hide signature --

Oppose Tyranny in all its forms.

actually this isn't true either. We reply to feedback emails using the email address you put in the feedback form. Which is why I get annoyed when i take the time to reply and discover I'm trying to send an email to 'dontbotherreplying@yousuck.con'

I can quite assure you, that is not my email, or anything resembling it. But to the point mentioned above - perhaps PM'ing would be a more reliable medium of communication if what you say is correct about peoples emails..... which I have no doubt to be true. Or maybe there are legal issues surrounding the use of email, in that, it's a more formal and verifiable medium. (shrugs)

I can see that. The feedback form though seems to be different from the PM system and also allows non-members to send feedback. The form also specifically asks for an e-mail address. In that way it won't send a response to the out of date one used when some members registered if they someday automate a response. To send feed back you have to also indicate an e-mail address. I just can't see using the PM system for responses in this case as your DPR member name is not associated with the feedback form. Makes for a better system in my mind as you can send feedback without giving away your DPR member name if you want. Seems pretty fair.

-- hide signature --

My opinions are my own and not those of DPR or its administration. They carry no 'special' value (except to me and Lacie of course)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
trueNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow