Looking for the best Wifi SD Card for tethering, can anyone recommend an EyeFi alternative?

Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ken Gosden
Contributing MemberPosts: 856Gear list
Like?
Re: Looking for the best Wifi SD Card for tethering, can anyone recommend an EyeFi alternative?
In reply to Fashion Photographer, Jun 27, 2013

I don't believe that the new EyeFi Mobi cards need an account to function at all.  I have the PQI and an EyeFi Pro.  They are very different and for just casual send every photo to my tablet, the EyeFi wins.  The PQI requires me to connect to it and 'request' specific photos be sent.  That said having the ability on the PQI to use any microSD card means I can use it in a non-WiFi mode as a regular memory card and transfer the images to a non-WiFi system easily via the microSD.  Some readers on low powered tablets seem to balk at the EyeFi since the radio drains some current.  My Nexus 7 has an unpowered USB port so it can not manage to see the EyeFi card memory structure due to the overhead draw of the radio.

Ken Gosden's gear list:Ken Gosden's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1030 SW Olympus XZ-2 iHS Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow