My God, its so hard to decide!

Started Jun 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
AllBrands
Regular MemberPosts: 481Gear list
Like?
Re: My God, its so hard to decide!
In reply to PON307G, Jun 27, 2013

PON307G wrote:

Personally I think you would do very well to purchase a Pentax K-30, or K-5. Purchase what you can afford, and apply yourself as you have with your XZ-1. With so many K-series (manual focus) lenses available at great prices you shouldn't need the lottery to achieve what you want.

I own a K5 (and a K7) along with a wide range of lenses and I can't imagine endorsing the K-mount to anyone.  When Pentax was a value leader in reasonably priced bodies and lenses a decade ago, sure.  But I paid $1k for a K7 which is now worth $250.  Two years later, I paid $1k for a K5 which is now worth half that.  Still no weather-sealed flash gun.  Most of the Pentax lenses that I would want are now priced way beyond my budget and may not hold their resale value anyway.  Even Limited-series primes won't be worth much if Ricoh can't keep the K-mount alive.

Manual-focus K-mount lenses?  Without focus peaking or a split-screen viewfinder? I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Micro Four-Thirds is looking VERY attractive as a healthy system with a lot of innovation and functionality.  Pentax, no so much any more in my opinion.

AllBrands's gear list:AllBrands's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD550 Canon PowerShot SD1100 IS Olympus E-420 Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow