NEX-7 Owners - What's Not to Like about It?

Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RustierOne
Senior MemberPosts: 1,583Gear list
Like?
NEX-7 Owners - What's Not to Like about It?
Jun 27, 2013

I'm considering having my NEX-5N modified for astrophotography. Since that would to some degree make it harder to use for terrestrial imaging, I've been thinking about getting a NEX-7 body for that use.

Looking at the early reviews of the NEX-7, it seems like many of the problems have been fixed with later firmware upgrades:

• Exposure bracketing for +/- 1-, 2-, 3-EV
  • Disabling Video Button
  • Support for wide-angle lenses (magenta cast)

I'm already comfortable with the menu system, having used the NEX-5N for over a year. I hear a lot of talk about the NEX-7 replacement. In that regard, what is it about the NEX-7 that is still a problem? This camera is now almost two years old. It seems like having lasted that long, it must have been a good design for the most part.

So with all this in mind, what's not to like about the NEX-7? Did the 1.02 firmware upgrade do much to fix the wide-angle lens, magenta cast problem? For all you NEX-7 owners, what has been your experience with the camera.?

-
Best Regards,
Russ

RustierOne's gear list:RustierOne's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye +3 more
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow