What prevents you from moving to a mirrorless camera?

Started Jun 26, 2013 | Polls thread
ultimitsu
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,482
Like?
Re: What prevents you from moving to a mirrorless camera?
In reply to Glen Barrington, Jun 27, 2013

Glen Barrington wrote:

I tried to list the objections I recall reading about in the past. I didn't include or exclude any because I thought they were particularly cogent or stupid; I'm looking for people's honest beliefs regardless of what "I" think of those beliefs.

I give you three of mine:

1, most good mirrorless primes are significantly more expensive than 35mm format equals. for example check the price of oly 75mm F1.8 against Canon and nikon 85mm F1.8. check the price of nikon 1 32mm F1.2.

2, Canon and nikon mirrorless lack native support for their DX format lenses. what I want is the sort of straight forward compatibility we saw in Pentax K-01. unfortunately for K-01, due to other reasons it was not a success. I think having to spend a few hundred dollars on a ugly adapter to be able to use EF-S lenses on EOS-M is a deal breaker.

3, Battery life is too short. I am very accustomed to the battery life of DSLR, takng a big step backward on battery life is very unappealing to me.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AmenNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow