Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
miketuthill
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,010Gear list
Like?
Re: LR built-in corrections no good?
In reply to richardplondon, Jun 27, 2013

richardplondon wrote:

MikeFromMesa wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a perspective plugin for LightRoom on the Mac? The normal software that I use for this on Windows (ACDSee Pro 6) does not have the same functionality on the Mac and Topaz, which is my main plugin processing set, has no perspective adjustment tool.

Curious: in what way is Lightroom's own perspective adjustment insufficient - have you tried this? I find it excellent, especially in that it is nondestructive and fully integrated with the profiled lens geometry corrections.

Most importantly there's no need to commit your current edits into any external file... which would be the case with a plugin, or external utility such as PTLens. So all your other adjustments remain live and reversible.

With LR5 there are some new options to auto-straighten verticals only, both verticals and horizontals, or Auto restricts itself to "conservative" strength corrections only.

Manual perspective adjustments have been in LR for a couple of years or so.

The sliders are located in Lens Corrections / Manual tab. You get rotation, vertical tilt. horizontal tilt, scale - and an option as to whether LR should auto-crop / leave alone areas where the canvas boundary is exceeded.

+1

The Lightroom 5 controls are quite nice and powerful.

miketuthill's gear list:miketuthill's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow