Looking for the best Wifi SD Card for tethering, can anyone recommend an EyeFi alternative?

Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fashion Photographer
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Looking for the best Wifi SD Card for tethering, can anyone recommend an EyeFi alternative?
Jun 27, 2013

Hello,

I was looking into some solutions for wireless tethering as I just hate cables, my strobes are already triggered by Pocket Wizards and I was looking for a way to show the client/model the images as they come out of my D800 either on a laptop or iPad/Tablet. Since the D800 has dual card slots I was going to send my RAW images to the CF card and send (Small?Medium?Large?) JPEGs to a WiFi SD card.

Looking at the different options for wireless tethering I saw two names pop up more than any others: Cam Ranger (Not for me as I don't want a thing that I have to plug into the camera that dangles about and that I have to recharge) and the EyeFi (Not my thing either as you apparently have to make an EyeFi account before you can change settings or anything like that) but I don't want to have to make an account to use my WiFi SD card so I am looking for something else, a solution that does not rely on external servers in any way (Who knows, services could shut down in a few years!).

Can anyone recommend a good alternative? Thanks!

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow