Round the World trip booked, now what gear to take?

Started Jun 27, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ajmoore7
Forum MemberPosts: 50Gear list
Like?
Round the World trip booked, now what gear to take?
Jun 27, 2013

I have booked a trip consisting of India, China, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and Singapore starting in January for a total of 7 months, lucky me!  But what I wanted to ask was the opinions of what gear to take along.  I am interested in buying an OM-D E-M5 to replace my E-PL3 and I am going to limit myself to 3 or 4 lenses to keep weight down.  I will be taking a variety of shots both indoors and out and at night, and want to have a range of focal lengths including a relatively long tele lens for close ups, as well as a wide angle.

I am also moderately limited on price, obviously I want the best for my money but I do have a budget.

I currently own the Oly 14-42mm f3.6-5.6, Oly 17mm f2.8, Oly (Four Thirds) 40-150mm f4-5.6 and some legacy lenses but I will almost definitely be leaving those at home.

I have been thinking about taking the following:

Olympus 14-150mm f4-5.6, Olympus 12-50mm f3.5-6.3, Olympus 17mm f2.8 and Sigma 30mm f2.8

What does everyone think?

Thanks!

ajmoore7's gear list:ajmoore7's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +9 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow