Time to buy a new machine for editing. Needing advice please.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
theswede
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,936Gear list
Like?
Re: Time to buy a new machine for editing. Needing advice please.
In reply to noirdesir, 10 months ago

noirdesir wrote:

theswede wrote:

What happened was that you made your entrance into this thread with claiming that no laws are broken by Hackintosh users.

This is correct, since there is no signed contract being broken and no theft.

As a general rule, whenever two legal entities agree on something, even if only verbally, they have a legal contract.

There is no agreement (and thus no contract), even verbally, between me and Apple when I have bought a Mac at a local store. Therefore only copyright applies at that point.

As long as the hackintosh user has paid and bought all the parts involved it is fair use.

You think it is fair use to install OS X on non-Macs if you have bought an OS X upgrade DVD? Or do you think it is fair use to install any software on as many computers in your household as you have computers?

What I think is irrelevant. In the US Section 107 and relevant rulings govern fair use. Regardless, copyright alone allows me to install as I like, as long as I do not redistribute. The only factor that can change this is contract of which there is none beyond sales contract (which provides me with a lot of rights) or click through license (the validity of which is not decided by law).

Thus, according to the law, I can install as I like, as long as I do not distribute any copies.

Jesper

theswede's gear list:theswede's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony SLT-A37 Sony 50mm F1.4 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow