Started Apr 21, 2013 | User reviews thread
jcmarfilph
Senior MemberPosts: 7,592Gear list
Like?
Re: My Fuji HS50EXR Review
In reply to Josh Schifferer, Jun 27, 2013

Josh Schifferer wrote:

Hello,

I have a question in regards to the HS 50EXR. Keep in mind that I consider myself a beginner when it comes to photography. So, in the past, I have found it fun to play with depth of field using different apertures. Do you feel that this camera adequately handles both small and large depths of field? I noticed that the aperture range is F2.8 - F5.6. Do you think this is sufficient, or should I look for something more in the range of f/1.4 - f/10+?

It goes up to f/8.0 actually which is the usual limit for camera with small sensor to avoid diffraction. As long as you keep the FL as wide as possible, HS50 has great DOF even if you use big aperture(small f number) but best to keep it around f/5.6. On the other hand, it can produce shallow DOF too either by shooting a close-up macro or by telephoto. If megazoom is not your top priority, there are lots of compacts out there with better aperture control like the X20 or the LX7 or G15.

-=[ Joms ]=-

jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow