Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,788
Like?
Invitation for Adultery: Circus Backstage
Jun 27, 2013

Disclaimer : these images are not made with Leica gear, but I know that some of you here had expressed an interest in seeing this series, so I am taking the liberty to post a notice here.

Consider it an invitation to adultery: even the most faithful Leicaphiles are allowed to flirt with other brands (Olympus and Voigtländer in this case)...

I have (finally) just finished processing a series of photographs that I made in April, when I was granted backstage access at a small circus for a few days.

I consider this series of 138 photos to include some of my best documentary images ever.

Another good reason to share in a forum that is all about pure (often documentary) photography.

Take a look here if you are interested: http://roelh.zenfolio.com/p1058000248

For this gig, I used two cameras (E-5 and E-M5) with a few different lenses, but most of the stuff backstage (and at least half of the keepers) is shot with the Voigtländer 17.5mm F0.95 Nokton. In fact it was the maiden trip for this lens that I had just acquired.  Wanting to use ONLY natural light, really fast apertures were a necessity in the very dimly lit backstage area. And the focal length was perfect for documentary.

Some samples (but you can see many more, much bigger, and in proper context, in the gallery):

View: original size

C&C is welcome and appreciated, as Always.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow