What prevents you from moving to a mirrorless camera?

Started Jun 26, 2013 | Polls thread
JudyN
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,835Gear list
Like?
Re: What prevents you from moving to a mirrorless camera?
In reply to Glen Barrington, Jun 27, 2013

Ahm, what if we have mirrorless?  How do we answer?  IMHO there is no reason for ME to have a flipping mirror.  I don't do those things that some people believe focus isn't fast enough for.  Hence I bought my first mirrorless in 2008, a Panasonic G1.  It has since been converted to IR.  I moved to mirrorless from superzooms.  My last film camera was SLR, but when I went to digital, DSLRs were outrageously expensive.

Then I wanted "more" and got a Sony SLT A55.  Not mirrorless, but the mirror doesn't flip and the viewfinder is EVF.  Then an A77.  I really like the features of the Sony cameras.  But then the A77 seemed  heavy, and I discovered the Olympus OM-D E-M5 so it's the new baby in my house.  I think the A77 will remain my primary camera but who  knows.

I got hooked on EVFs with the superzooms and don't like OVFs because you can't see what you are going to get. Besides, only FF DSLRs have OVFs of the quality of my Canon film SLR.    "Live view" all the time, eye-level or LCD.  I love it!

-- hide signature --

Judy

JudyN's gear list:JudyN's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
AmenNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow