Perhaps a silly question on LR vs PS CS

Started Jun 24, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kerry Pierce
Forum ProPosts: 17,631Gear list
Like?
Re: Perhaps a silly question on LR vs PS CS
In reply to goanna, Jun 27, 2013

goanna wrote:

I think philosophically, LR presents difficulty to some users until they "Get It".

It seems those who are very entrenched in the PS Interface and use some other DAM that they are happy with have more difficulty in "Getting It". It is a different paradigm and it is not (for most) either/or LR/PS but LR+PS(or other editor).

Yes, I think you're right.  I am certainly no CS "guru", but I've been using it for many years and am quite comfortable with my current DAM and workflow.  Part of my workflow is Bridge, so if I can replace Bridge with LR and derive significant benefits, that would be a good thing.

For yourself I would suggest you do not stress over "the grass must be greener on the other side because so many appear to like it" but continue to use your current workflow if you are happy with it.

No stress, other than trying to figure out the UI and tools to see if I too, can be happy using it for the majority of my shots.

To my mind, for myself, I would not like to contemplate a photographic world without LR (or very similar).

I would routinely only use a PS type of package for 1% of photos, the rest are done in LR, and for me, much quicker and easier with an modification history that is always available and reversable.

I would suggest with LR 5 that the above percantages may change to 99.5% Vs 0.5%

Right now, I'm using a Vista machine, so I can't use LR 5.

Thanks for the post.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Kerry Pierce's gear list:Kerry Pierce's gear list
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 105mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow