Help me be logical about a M43 lens purchase.

Started Jun 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Neurad1
Contributing MemberPosts: 991Gear list
Like?
Help me be logical about a M43 lens purchase.
Jun 27, 2013

I have an OMD (currently at Olympus being repaired....second sensor failure with purple lines, etc, but that's another story). I own the 9-18, 12 2, and 17 1.8, and 45 1.8 MZ lenses. I recently purchased the 35-100 2.8, and have been quite happy with it.

So to make a long story short...Is there any compelling reason to buy the Panasonic 12-35 2.8? I have the GAS bug for this lens and have been thinking about it a lot. It is not wide enough to replace the 9-18 (though I can't say that I love the latter lens). I have been quite happy with the 12 and 17 mm MZ lenses. I don't really use my 45mm lens all that often. The relatively fast 35-100 zoom is very sharp and a pleasure to use. I guess it would be nice to just use three zooms if the IQ was as comparable to primes as the 12-35 seems to be....

What's your take? I can tell you...if the lens was a bit cheaper, I'd probably already have purchased it. Not to mention trading up from the 9-18 to the Panny 7-14...

Neurad1's gear list:Neurad1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 +29 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow