Time to buy a new machine for editing. Needing advice please.

Started Jun 16, 2013 | Discussions thread
noirdesir
Forum ProPosts: 10,752
Like?
Re: Time to buy a new machine for editing. Needing advice please.
In reply to theswede, Jun 26, 2013

theswede wrote:

What happened was that you made your entrance into this thread with claiming that no laws are broken by Hackintosh users.

This is correct, since there is no signed contract being broken and no theft.

As a general rule, whenever two legal entities agree on something, even if only verbally, they have a legal contract. Of course, if one party wants to renege on it, there is a burden of proof that might be difficult with only a verbal agreement. And there are lots of special kinds of agreements that by law require much more formalities, or at least that when the formalities are missing a party can retreat from the arrangement.

There is legal contract when you tell your neighbour's kid that he or she will get $10 if he or she mows your lawn, and the kid says yes. If I give you one of my cameras and say, 'Keep it.', ownership of the camera legally changes from me to you and the legal act of gifting has been carried out.

As long as the hackintosh user has paid and bought all the parts involved it is fair use.

You think it is fair use to install OS X on non-Macs if you have bought an OS X upgrade DVD? Or do you think it is fair use to install any software on as many computers in your household as you have computers?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow