Which one of this is a best one?

Started Jun 26, 2013 | Polls thread
artlmntl
Contributing MemberPosts: 884
Like?
Re: Which one of this is a best one?
In reply to 123Mike, Jun 26, 2013

123Mike wrote:

The AF micro adjust is very tempting of the A77. Plus the LCD screen on the top. ISO limiting, and profiles. It all adds up.

But you're right. The sensor is the same. The results ought to be pretty much on par. Also, the A77 costs 50% more than an A65 where I am (Canada, $900 vs $600).

I can't justify the expense though. I have to come to terms with it. I have the A57 and that's just fine. I think I'll get a used older Alpha for the wife I think. For video she can use an HD camcorder we still have kicking around.

I'm seeing used deals for $150 for an A330. It'll do for casual snapshots. Still a helluvalot better than any P&S.

So, no A65/77 for me for now... What about you, are you looking to upgrade, or getting a second body? The whole second body thing is like cars. Why have so many cars in the driveway? It makes sense to have one good family car, and an old beater to get around.

I agree about the A77. Very well-appointed camera! But in the US, it's $900 for the A77 and $650 for the A65. I'm thinking about a second body, but only to get more of a good thing. I'm sort of in the same boat you are with my wife. My wife likes her P&S & her phone. She already sees my setup as overkill. So, no way that 77 would fly now. But maybe if I get a cherry deal several months down the road, that could work.

The trouble is, I don't *need* another body. In terms of what I want a camera to do, the 57 is outstanding! I could use a bit more portable lighting, but I've got a nice flash now. And I'm happy with my lenses. They do what I need, as long as I don't get into extreme low-light. But *want* is always a different story.

Twist my arm, make me take that 24MP sensor along with a Sony 16-50 or Tamron 17-50, or even that slick Sigma 18-35 art lens. Then, maybe add a Tamron 200-500 for ridiculously long reach. All that could be a lot of fun! And I could still get the lenses, but I especially like my A57 with the 18-135 for walking around. So, a second body could be like the specialty team. We'll see.

Thanks for your thoughts

-- hide signature --

Hunter

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow