Started Jun 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
e268
Senior MemberPosts: 1,182
Like?
Re: Fujifilm X-E1 Firmware Version 1.06
In reply to vkphoto, Jun 26, 2013

vkphoto wrote:

e268 wrote:

I focus on the subject, press the AF/AE lock button, and reframe and shoot. It seems it achieves the same purpose of changing the focus point. Am I mistaken?

It works for casual shooting, but not always. Not with shallow DOF (f/1.2-1.4) lenses.

Also, I am using tripod a lot. Imaging, perfectly frame your picture, then move camera to focus somewhere else other than center, then move the camera back to your original frame (?) while keeping your finger on the shutter button half-pressed... Just doesn't work for me

-- hide signature --

I appreciate the fact that AE/Af lock may not work for shallow dof, and I have not tried since I do not own such a lens..  In the case of using a tripod, one can set the AE/AF lock to the push-on and push- off mode.  In situations where one needs to focus on the eyes of the subject,  I find it difficult  to set the AF point to where the subjects eyes are in relation to the entire frame. I find it much easier using the AF/AE lock.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow