New 50-200mm Telephoto Zoom Lens NX System on $149 (USA) - Half Off!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
johnznyc
Junior MemberPosts: 47
Like?
Re: Difference in the two lenses?
In reply to SteveEverett, 10 months ago

SteveEverett wrote:

I'm not sure I understand the difference in the two 50-200 lenses. What does the second version have that the first doesn't? Not sure which version I have, I don't see ii anywhere on the box or lens so guess I have the original version.

Just noticed that B&H has EX-T50200IB/US discontinued and EX-T50200CSBUS is $349. Both listed as 50-200mm OIS ii. Anyone know the difference in those two lenses?

Specs for the "New! 50-200mm Telephoto Zoom Lens" listed at $149 but without a shopping cart link:

• Lens Name: Samsung 50 - 200mm F4 - 5.6 ED OIS II
• Focus Length: 50 - 200mm (equivalent to 77 - 308mm in 35mm format)
• Elements in Groups: 17 elements in 13 groups (2 Extra-low Dispersion lens included)
• Angle of View: 31.4° - 8.0°
• Aperture: F4 - 5.6 (Min.F22), (Number of Blades : 7, Circular Aperture Diaphragm)
• Mount Type: Samsung NX Mount
• Optical Image Stabilizer: Yes
• Minimum Focus Distance: 0.98m ~ ∞
• Maximum Magnification: Approx. 0.2x
• i-Scene Mode: Supported (Beauty Shot, Portrait, Children, Backlight, Sports)
• Lens Hood: Included
• Filter Size: 52mm
• Max.Diameter x Length: 70 x 100.5mm
• Weight: Approx.417g (without hood)
• Operating Temperature: 0 ~ 40°C
• Operating Humidity: 5 ~ 85%

Is does have OIS:

Optical Image Stabilizer for clear, sharp images

Create beautiful images that move you, even if you jostle the camera. The 18-55mm zoom lens comes equipped with lens-shift optical image-stabilizing technology. Samsung’s optical image stabilizer uses tiny lens-shifts to cancel out motion blur, even in low exposure shots. And since the image is being stabilized externally in the lens, what you see through the viewfinder — and on the display — is perfectly clear.

It appears to have the same specs as the previous model with the iFunction switch.

Now, on Samsung's site, both have a discounted price but no link to Samsung's shopping cart.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow