What prevents you from moving to a mirrorless camera?

Started Jun 26, 2013 | Polls thread
Sonyshine
Senior MemberPosts: 5,653Gear list
Like?
Re: What prevents you from moving to a mirrorless camera?
In reply to jrtrent, Jun 26, 2013

jrtrent wrote:

Sonyshine wrote:

I think the main reason people don't move to mirrorless is just ignorance.

Once you have really tried a decent system you will become hooked on them!

For decades, my preference in a viewing system has been a through-the-lens, optical viewfinder with at least close to 100% coverage. I haven't particularly liked the EVF's I've tried, and I don't want to put up with an 85% coverage optical finder, or one mounted to an accessory shoe with parallax error. My opinion is that the viewfinder is the single most important user interface on a camera, so if you don't have one you enjoy using, photography becomes less enjoyable. I can put up with LCD viewing to gain the compactness and other virtues of a shirt-pocketable, waterproof camera, but mirrorless models don't seem to offer anything of value to me sufficient to put up with not having an SLR viewing system.

I agree the viewfinder is very important indeed. That is why I don't like old fashion holes to peep through. Modern EVF's with all their pre chimping are just brilliant! They make it so much easier to get your shots right first time.

Sonyshine's gear list:Sonyshine's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm F2.8 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 Nikon 1 V2 Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
AmenNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow